Export midi from bome mt project to import in daw (cubase10.5)

Hi…i was wondering do sch thing is possible? and how to do that?
i got a bome project which i build for controlling AMPLITUBE 5 VST, it work great as standalone but when i open AT5 as vst in cubase 10.5…all the mapping is gone, but i did saw an import MIDI file button on cubase 10.5.

Can i just imported the project to solve my problem??Thanks

Hi,

I think this is to import a music performance, not a mapping for your VST. You will likely need to create your own mapping for Cubase or if you are using VST, use Mackie and the V-POTs to control them.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Ooh i see. well… but does MT output change when use as midi input in cubase?.. coz the translator sysex to CC i set up… didnt recognized in cubase???

It really depends on how you have defined your control surface in Cubase. If it is set up to look for Mackie MCU or HUI type device, then it won’t recognize simple CC.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

honnestly… i still confused bout ur explanation steve…
see… i use vox tonelab SE as midi controller through BOME to convert sysex to CC… i set bome midi translator 1 as midi input on my midi track in cubase…
ill attached my project, one other thing in this project… i got issue in translator pedal, its doesnt need translator coz its already sent midi CC, thats why i didnt setup any translator for it, but in log window the pedal only had midi in, theres no midi out… so my vst didnt recognized it.
how to solve it? thanks b4VOX-AT-SUPERNETT-SENT.bmtp (1.5 KB)

I’m not sure if Cubase handles VST plugin control via track or controller. Just make sure the output of your translators are going to the right output port if not the project defaults.

You have the first translator set to send to Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out
You have the second translator set to send to 4 locations

• Application which is aliased to Bome MIDI Translator 3 Virtual Out
  • Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out
  • Bome Virtual Port 1 which also goes to Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out
    With the above, you are sending double MIDI output to essentially the same MIDI port
  • Bome MIDI Translator Virtual Out which is aliased to Bome MIDI Translator 2 Virtual Out

You have no MIDI thru routing set so anything that is not handled by one of the 2 translators will be blocked.

You will need to read the Cubase documentation to see how to set up for track and plugin MIDI interface vs control surface interface.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

aah… i mess up ini midi ports right?
so… i should only sent it to bome midi translator 1 visual out only in the MIDI Router, so then in “select MIDI ports” i just check “Project/Preset Default Port” right?

Ok…ill read cubase user manual… i believe they got remote ontrolling on VST anf Track with Quick Control but it only show eight parameter on it, So i assumed manual mapping is needed here.

Btw… i try to rebuild the project i sent to u…now here’s new on a translator i ust set up outgoing to be midi PC, but t also produce sysex . Anycomment?

If you don’t have any thru paths. SysEx should not pass through unless you have a translator that specifically handles it. Right now I don’t see any thru paths in your project.

Steve