FCB1010 with EurekaPROM in Input/Output Mode - which Bome software version?

Hello Bome users!

I want to translate CC 104 value 1 to midi key note 33 on. Can I do this with the free “Classic” version?

My goal is to use the pedals as key switches in several VST’s.

Another project I would like to accomplish is translate the FCB1010 EurekaProm expression pedal cc102 value 1 to pitchwheel 8192 and then as I press down on the expression pedal have it increase pitchwheel to 16384 (upper half of pitchwheel range)

Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the Bome community!

The below should work. I also set up a translator so that when you release the button a note-off is sent.

BC-Eureka-2021-12-23.bmtp (266 Bytes)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

Thank you for providing the example. I did try running it with Classic but since I want to send the translations back to my computer (I’m using Cantabile) I need to be able to create Virtual Midi Ports. I watched the first 3 videos of the YouTube playlist so once I installed Pro I was able to get your example working in just a few minutes. This software will nicely complement Cantabile.

Doug

I’m going to have to get my slide rule out for the cc 103 to pitch bend translator :grinning:. I have it sort of working just using an example I found for the rule

rr=pp*100000
oo=rr/1828
if oo==ga then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action
ga=oo

If I could first set rr = 8192 then the above rule might work

The purpose is to use FCB1010 left pedal to send pitch bend 8192 (pedal up all the way) up to 16383 (pedal all the way down). This will let me do Wavelore Pedal Steel string bends

Hi,

It really is pretty easy.

Incoming
CC 103 MIDI CH 1 value qq

Outgoing (For MIDI CH 1)

E0 qq qq

You lose precision but should get the full range of scale.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve,

That simple solution worked well - The pedal all the way up is Pitchwheel value 0 - pedal down is Pitchwheel value 16383. I’ve tried playing for a while to see if I can stay in tune by attempting to leave the pedal in the middle. I don’t think I’ll get there. I’ve noticed the rules look to be similar to a scripting language. I have done coding and would like to attempt the following:

If the CC 103 value moves into a value between 7192 and 9192 then jump to 8192. If the pedal moves past 9192 follow it up to the max of 16383. If the pedal moves below 7192 follow it to the minimum of 0.

Is the rules engine this flexible?

I had another idea - have no idea if this is possible:

1. Assign the up pedal - when you tap it it sweeps the pitch wheel from 8192 to 16383. A second tap sweeps it back to center 8192
  2. Assign the down pedal - when you tap it it sweeps the pitch wheel from 8192 to 0. A second tap sweeps it back to center 8192

The timing of the sweep can be constant.

You can try this.

Translator 1.2 handles your pedal zone center position

Translators in preset 2 handle your up and down sweep however a bit differently than you described. To go back to center, you simply release the pedal.
There are several variables which control the timing and increment of the sweep. You may need to adjust these around to get your desired sweep timing. There is a sweep up timer
and a sweep down timer but center always takes it directly to center with no delay.

// Pitch Bend Center position
ga=8192
// High position
gb=16383
// Low position
gc=0
// inc/dec speed in ms
gd=10
// inc/dec step value
ge=500
// current value
gf=ga

BC-Eureka-2021-12-28.bmtp (4.6 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the pitch bend centering on pedal release with sweeps up or down. I need to play with the sweep values but I think this is going to work.

Sounds good. Have fun!

1 Like