Feature Request: Less Double Clicking In The Log Window Please

Sometimes when I am editing/bug shooting I need to view many Translators using the Log Window. At the moment the only way to do this is double clicking on each entry. It would be far better to just use the up/down arrow keys and have MT Pro show the highlighted Translator.

Also, MT Pro should remember what state “Scroll Lock” was in.

Also, a preference for whether or not to show errors on start up. As every session I need to close the “Errors” window in order to view the Log Window. It’s always the same basic errors like a device does not exist. Which usually means that I haven’t switched it on yet.

Cheers,

Interesting, so if you select at translator in the log window (not double click) you would like the related translator in the translator list to show and be highlighted as well? Sound’s like a reasonable request so I will pass it on.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Thank you for the ideas!

I’ll put that on the feature request list, but maybe this should be a mode similar to Scroll Lock and not the default, or a different way to conveniently peek at the translator. The reason is that sometimes when editing a translator, you may want to look through the Log Window to find values you want to use in that translator. Then you really don’t want the shown translator to jump wildly.

indeed, that’s almost a bug.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable not showing errors. But not switching to the error window is a good idea, and rather highlight the error window in some way.

1 Like

Yes, maybe have a Transport or Jump Window?. Which could be pretty much identical to the Log Window except it has the Jump functionality.

1 Like

IMO another window would take up more real estate which I think is at a premium. Maybe an option to turn this feature on or off would be more useful. The default would be off.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

It wouldn’t take up a whole lot of room.

+1 for an option in Preferences similar to:
:white_check_mark: Don’t launch automatically Error tab when devices are connected/unconnected

Checking this option, we the users could open manually the error tab and see closing/opening devices information if we want. It’s annoying to close the error tab again and again.

Regarding the Log tab, I would like to have an advanced filter with options to filter from device, from midi channel, midi message, only logs from rules, etc. It would be also very useful that all these filters can ‘show’ or ‘hide’ the matching, and have all these in a tree structure, where we could add several rules if we need it.

100%

You can do all of this. Make sure the correct boxes are checked at the bottom left of the Log Window. Then when you see the entry that you would like to be isolated, copy that entry e.g.

MIDI IN [Launchpad Mini]
or
Control Change on ch. 1 with CC#:111

and then paste it into to Quick Filter field.

1 Like