Feature Request: Log Window to show Names of Presets

When trying to determine which Presets are being activated/deactivated by an incoming message, it would be great to have the names of the Presets as well as the number displayed in the Log Window.

When double clicking in the Log Window on the Preset that has been activated/deactivated we are presented with a long list of Translators, but then we still need to scroll up and down looking for the highlighted Preset in order to determine the name of that Preset. By seeing the name of the Presets being activated/deactivated we can determine immediately if the incoming message is activating/deactivating the correct Presets.
Maybe if the list of Presets on the left focused on the Preset that the Translator is inside, that might be a solution.

Trying to learn what Preset you are inside by looking at its Translators, is often difficult.

Cheers,

When I view the log it show both the preset number and name as they are enabled an disabled. Can you show us a screenshot of what you see in the log?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

It does indeed show the names as well as the number. However if you use the filter ‘Out’ which I like to do to reduce the clutter, the names are no longer there.

What are you filtering on?

I’m using the Quick Filter function in BMTP’s Log Window.

Yes, but what are you putting in the filter Box? If you are doing something numeric, it will not show so try filtering on “preset” instead.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I am just entering ‘Out’ into the filter box. I tried ‘Preset’ and the names aren’t coming up.

Unfilter the messages and then see what the message looks like that shows the preset names. Then use something using that pattern as a filter so that you can see them.

Alternately you can set up rules with a MIDI message that provides the information you need in a translator with incoming action of Preset Activated and Preset Deactivated.

Incoming : Preset Activated
Rules:
Log “Preset Activated”

Incoming Preset Deactivated
Rules:
Log “Preset De-actiated”

Now you can filter on the work “Preset” and the messages will show up with the preset is either activated or deactivated.

Obviously it would just be easier to determine the common pattern that these messages are normally shown and filter on that pattern.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like