FEATURE SUGGESTION: Global find/replace in rules

Sometimes I have to update globals etc that might exist across the project; this would be a nice feature although I realise a search has already been suggested.
Its just a lot of little things that help

Thanks! Captured.

As a workaround I export to text and then use the text file to find each instance on one window and then go to MT Pro to find the same place and update it there. Not optimal but yes, a workaround for now.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Sorry…self solution here :expressionless:
I found that going to text can sometimes break the file but simply open the file in an xml editor and do it there. So far, seems to work without issue although I realise that it will only reimport to MTP pro because of signature issues

Right, editing text should be avoided if possible as it can break compatibility (including signatures).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve
I couldnt break it…when just replacing actual values…so as long as not touching the older hex based eg KAM1 type entries…I thought it should be safe?
Signatures seem to be some sort of checksum but I couldnt break that either…I read the warning
BomeBox or MT Player"
as meaning mtp is not affected?

When you reopen the file in MT Pro, then MT Pro should create a new signature (checksum) for you that can work with BomeBox. If you have encrypted project files (for MT Player), you will also need to create a new signature with the tool for users to use your project.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Pretty amazed with the robust response of MTP
Using the Tartarus and dedicating 19 keys with 4 gestures each, + ctrl + shift + alt. its so much easier to remember key actions that are logically grouped.

pretty much 144 actions…mtp handled it with ease…and I learnt a lot along the way :slight_smile: Only actually need 19+5 or so translators. With vkn variable would be about 7!

hehe now I just have to relearn quite a bit :-\