FEATURE SUGGESTION: Lock keystroke input to HUI device

So that keyboards (in my case a keypad) can more robustly manage interactions, it would be great if the keystroke input could nominate where its coming from and block it from the rest of the system…just a thought.

This came about because, while relearning a lot of info, I use a hotkey to flash up the pdf shortcut list/map. Currently its on the qualifier keys…learning until its muscle memory is very much the key of all things left brain/creative :slight_smile:

Yes, for now, the keystroke input has no idea which attached keyboard is sending it. I think this would require a much more deeper integration with the operating system (at the raw keyboard level HID level). I’ll pass along the request, however.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Ive just run a toggle key for now so I can workaround…always nice to clean code it hey? :slight_smile:

Ive found a really great util that demonstrates the power of tagging to a fixed HID id.
really usefull for non midi users of which this is a great solution when there is practically nothing out there

https://www.hidmacros.eu/download.php

Thanks for sharing this!

Steve

It is no longer supported but the source is on Git