"Ghost" device in Bome Network

Hello,
I have some “Ghost” devices issues with Bome Network Mac version and BomeBox. In the screenshot below, you can see no device plugged on BomeBox, however on Bome Network Mac version, every time I run the software and select BomeBox I have old device enable. No matter if I deleted and restart my computer or restart BomeBox.

It’s like there is some corrupted preference file.

Thanks
Cordaliss

Hi,

In Bome Network, there is an option to "Remove Virtual MIDI Port on Disconnect. If you don’t check this option then any MIDI Remote Ports that were created in Bome Network will not be deleted but will show as pending instead. This is handy if you want your application to continue and not be notified of disconnected ports in case of unplugging them. It is also faster to re-connect to an existing virtual port then to create it anew.

If you want the port to disappear completely when disconnected from BomBox:

1. Open settings in Bome Network by clicking on the gear ICON

1. Click the switch “Remove Virtual MIDI Port on Disconnect”.

1. You may need to go back and uncheck the remote MIDI port that no longer exists, but after that they should remove and add themselves automatically as the device goes away or is plugged in respectively.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your answer.

In Bome Network 1.4.2 for OSX, this features it’s missing. Please check screenshot.

Thanks
Cordaliss

Oh, right you are, for Mac so perhaps you would see the “Ghost” port disappear if you simply unchecked it on your setting for BomeBox. Instead of showing pending, it should just disappear.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

That was I did the first time, but when I restart Bome Network or my computer, I can see the “Ghost” port again.

Thanks
Cordaliss

Hi

Could you show a screenshot of the Virtual MIDI Ports page? All MIDI ports created by Bome Network should be listed there and with the Edit button, you should be able to remove them.

Also, if the above doesn’t fix the issue. Could you post your setting file for Bome Network? You can find the location of your settings file in this post.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care