Good foot controller with MIDI via ethernet cable to Bome Box?

Hi,
has anybody a tip for a good foot controller with MIDI via ethernet cable to Bome Box? The distance will be around 20m.
Thanks ahead!

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

I have yet to see a MIDI controller of any kind that uses ethernet natively, let alone the Bome Network Protocol.

You can certainly uses a USB or MIDI DIN foot controller into a BomeBox and then network it to another BomeBox at the other end to the target device.

There are other conversion boxes available:
If you don’t care that it uses ethernet, then Kenton offers a ‘MIDI Line Driver’. It isn’t ethernet although it uses standard CAT5 cables and they claim it can go up to 500 meters.

A recent addition is the DOREMIDI MIDI to RTP converter Box, although I have not had experience with it. They claim you can connect one box as an initiator and the other as a listener. You would need two boxes to connect them together or you could use any device running RTP MIDI at the other end.

Of course there is also iConnectivity. They make different boxes that convert either MIDI DIN or USB to RTP-MIDI.

You could also load Bome Network onto a Raspberry PI and add and attach USB or MIDI DIN shield to it for the remote end. It would take a bit of programming within the Raspberry PI to route the network MIDI port to the USB or DIN port.

I believe RTP-MIDI is planned eventually for BomeBox but there are no dates set for release.

Maybe when MIDI 2.0 becomes more prevalent in the market, someone will develop a native MIDI controller that has MIDI 2.0 network transport.

I hope this give you some ideas.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Why not USB?
Lindy active extension(s)
Can be extended and combined with hub(s).