Help with getting full io station 24c/faderport controller working with DaVinci/Fairlight

Hey their,
I am quite dumb regarding midi can some one help me set up the io station 24c with midi, I have it in midi mode & would love functionality similar to the v-control pro (should be the same midi with faderport model) I am on resolve 18.5 if someone helps me I’ll buy bome & maby yourself for your time if it can use at minimum all the functionality of the io-station (including shift functions)
Hope someone can tho,
:heart: :heart:

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Indeed it appears the the io station 24 support both MCU a HUI modes so if all you need is Fairlight functinality you should be able to just plug it in to your computer and use its MIDI port. Just put it in MCU mode. However if you need control outside of Fairlight, you would need to use Bome MIDI Translator Pro (MT Pro) to convert the MIDI messages to either keystrokes or mouse clicks and movement since Davinci Resolve only uses MIDI for Fairlight.

There are several posts regarding this kind of functionality with other controllers.
This one shows how to control the color wheel with a Native Instruments Maschine Studio. You would need to change the incoming MIDI to match that of your controller.
There are several other examples out there for other functions and controllers if you do a search.

You could start with something you find there and if you need help for a specific function, post your request here for free support.

However, for a full solution, that would required a paid engagement. Fortunately I am also available as an independent consultant/programmer for this need. Simply send me an email or private message if that is the path that you want to take.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Ya the problem is Fairlights midi intergration even pre BMD was not completely standard & because they do their own Hardware & they aren’t really interested in fixing it, I can definitely provide the midi codes & screen size/resolution from the io-station at least but to get me going faster I’d prefer the independent consultation (a word on hrly rate tho if you don’t mind I only have so much budget for this) also is the email for you bome@sniz.biz? As I can’t figure out how to private message

Yes, bome@sniz.biz is my email for private consulting.

Steve