Hercules DJControl with MIDI Translator for Gaming

Hi,
I’ve this DJ Control MIDI table:

I want to use it as gaming controller for the pc.
I’ve done a lot of things with tutorials over the net but I have this problems:

• I’m using the scratching wheels of the controller to move left or right. I’ve succedeed but I have a little problem. The wheel is very sensitive. So sometimes for example i am moving right, then I stop moving the finger because I’m on the good direction and the character walks because the UP Output is when i don’t touch the pad, but unintentionally , i move the hand one millimeter and the character goes to the other direction. I think I can do something with rules and using variables, because the wheel only have 3 positions: left, right and none. So I need that when the character is going one direction it doesn’t changes it except if i don’t touch the wheel.

• I don’t know if it’s possible to light the pads when touched . I think you can insert it on the Output action as hexadecimal value but I don’t know what value I have to intrude on the machine to lights on. I’ve searched on the website of the manufacturer and I don’t find the values.

I need this for a very important project so I can pay for professional help of the creators of the application if needed.
Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I can probably help but it would be quicker if.

1. You could post your partially working project file
  2. If you have something that shows the MIDI implementation of the DJ controller. For instance, what buttons, knobs and wheels send which messages. For a low cost controller like this one, it may not be documented but if you turn on logging on Incoming MIDI in MT Pro then you could analyze each control your ae interestered and document the ones you need help with.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi,

Please find attached the controls.
Thanks.
platforms.bmtp (5.4 KB)

Which translators are your scratch wheel?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Assuming that CC9 and CC10 are your wheels this should work better. Probably best not to have key repeat.

platforms-sjc.bmtp (5.9 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Yes CC9 and CC10 are the wheels.
I will try ASAP thanks for your help !

1 Like

I solved the problem ! Thanks !
I’m doing videos for Youtube with your program playing some videogames.

It could be possible to get a kind of partnership if I do a tutorial in spanish?
Because there is a very good tutorial but is in english and there is a lot of spanish community that plays videogames with MIDI instruments.
There is a way (via email maybe) that we can talk about this?

Thanks.

Hi, please discuss this type of topic by using the Bome Contact Form.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care