How to add the following rule?

Hi everybody,
Due to my digital piano issue, I had to recreate the sustain from bome (using a midi usb pedal).
I successfully put the hexadecimal for midi cc 64 but I have a problem. Once is triggered I have to manually turn off it.

I need the rule that when I release the pedal (i.e. the triggers ceases to occur) the midi cc 64 127 becomes midi cc 64 0.

Thank you!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

The CC outgoing value for releasing the pedal should be 0. Same CC, just a different value.

Most of the time if you send a value greater than 63 it will start sustain. Otherwise it will stop sustain. It is best to use values of 127 (7F) for on and 0 for off.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Sorry for the question, but how to actually tell the program “send B0 40 00 when I release the pedal”?
I was able only to tell the programm “send B0 40 7F” when I press the trigger.

Set it up for B0 40 qq

Then it will accept any value. Your pedal will likely send B0 40 7F and B0 40 00. Then it will trigger on both press and release.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I put midi cc 64 127 on the outgoing when the trigger occurs. However I don’t know how to tell Bome about the release.
Now, with this script once the trigger occurs the sustain will be holded forever unless I manually switch off.

P.s. I set B0 40 qq.
Should I do some assignments on rules? Because it does not work with only this.

I was trying something but nothing worked.

P.S. my pedal works linked to a hotkey (Ctrl+F7). It has no native support for midi (only through bome I can send midi messages).

Hi,
Well I’m not sure if you are trying to convert HotKey Control(F7) to MIDI or the other way around so here is a project that does both. Just enable the preset you would like.

I’m assuming that Control(F7) Down is sustain on and then when you lift the keys it is sustain off.

So for Keystroke to MIDI, I look for Control Down and then F7 down and send MIDI sustain on CC 64 value 127. I then look for F7 Up then Control Up and then send MIDI sustain off CC64 value 0.

If it is the other way around, I’m looking for incoming MIDI CC64 value 127 and send Control F7 down keystrokes. For CC 64 value 0 I send F7 up the Control Up Keystrokes.

Sustain Pedal-2021-03-17.bmtp (2.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care