How to change APC-MINI MK2 Lights

Hello, i just registered here

im trying to permanently change the ‘default’ lights from the apcmini mk2’s ‘note mode’

im not sure if this is even the right app for that ? ( and if it is, how to do it would be the next obstacle)

id appreciate any tips

thank you

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

I moved your question to a new thread.

The APC MINI MK2 LED’s are fixed, however if you use Bome MIDI Translator Pro (MT Pro), you can map these fixed values to any values you wish.
The actual device LED’s not numbers and MIDI Channels will not change, but you can use MT Pro to translate from the desired MIDI messages of your application or input device to the MIDI messages the APC MINI MK2 requires to light the LED’s.

Maybe if you tell me a bit more about your project, I can help more.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you so much for responding

im live looping using abletons own looper device,
I put my APCmini mk2 into Note mode, simply so it can be used for midi mapping,

next i map 5 pads per track (5 pads verticaly) to Looper Device buttons
(Record, Overdub, Play, Pause, Redo)
effectively turning my ApcMini into a boss loop station.

it works very nicely, but i need to give each function (record ect) its own color so i can easily hit it and recognize it by color

inm simple terms i need the top 5 rows (horizontally) to be colored like this
1st row Red
2nd row blue
3rd row Green
4th row white
5th row orange

i dont need them to change/blink but i would like it to be set as default so i dont have to open bome everytime but rather change it in the firmware i guess?

Not doable in the device firmware itself. You will need something like Bome MT Pro or similar. Unlike the Novation Launch Control line, there is no customization layer on the APC MINI MK2.

I assume you can figure out to do this with Bome MIDI Translator Pro.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you,
Im not sure how to do it in BOME, but il look maybe i find some general tutorials that will explain enough to get me there

The attached will work. It will just set all LED’s to the desired default color when the project file is opened. For the bottom 3 rows, I just default it to off.

Here is how I set up my alias. You will need it to point to your APC-40-MK2 instead. Then restart the project to trigger the update.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

Set-Default-Matrix-LEDs-APCMINI-MK2.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

wow that is very helpful.
i actually use a Akai APCmini mk2 myself