how to further extend akai apc mini's control with MT pro

hi all, m coming back to the murky world of midi after a very long break & i need your help to make a preset on midi translator.

1. I am using the "akai apc mini " midi controller with ableton live.

2. there are 8 faders + 1 for master volume. note the shift button which gives multiple uses to the same 8 faders. by holding shift+pan/send/devices, the 8 faders can (also) control pan/send/device parameters. i am specifically interested in extending the device parameters control.

3. without need for any custom midi mapping, the apc mini allows u to control 8 parameters on ANY focused vst plugin. if u click on an EQ plugin, the 8 faders auto-map to 8 controls on the EQ plugin. click on a reverb, it auto maps to 8 reverb parameters etc. so, it controls any device which is currently in focus.

4. now, i have vst plugins where i wish to control more than 8 parameters. thus, i am looking for some type of SECOND SHIFT button implemented through MT pro, if that makes sense. without this “2nd shift” , i would control the FIRST 8 device parameters. by engaging 2nd shft,i should be able to control parameters 8-16. maybe, the 2nd shift is even triggered by a keyboard shortcut programmed into MT pro.
    As said, i am returning to midi after a long time. sorry if this is a basic questions or if someone has already done it. could u share a MT pro preset file for it or (patiently) give me instructions for it ? note i am not a computer programmer, but i understand basic algorithmic flows.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

What I believe you are talking about are device banks. I know the APC40 MKII has the capability to use this feature, but I don’t think the default APC-MINI Ableton Live Script has that build in. I think that either a modified MIDI Remote Script for your APC-MINI would be required, or we would have to set up you APC-MINI to look like a device that supports device banking and then use Bome MIDI Translator Pro to do the MIDI translation between your APC-MINI and the supported device.

If using Bome MIDI Translator Pro, I would suggest you download the trial version and experiment first. Then if you get it working, you can purchase it. The trial copy will time out every 20 minutes.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi steve, i already own the MT pro full version.
I understand your input about working on either the live script or the MT to achieve this. but i have no idea on how to program such things as i am not a programmer. is this something simple enough that u could make for me ?or requires a small payment to be done ?
either way i will be grateful.

It is probably not to simple unless you create an entire different controller type and then emulate it using Bome MIDI Translator Pro with an existing MIDI Remote Script. Monetarily in may be better just to us a controller type that Ableton Live supports banking of device parameters.

With that said, you can PM or email me if you want to know my pricing.

Or you could look into remotify.io to create your own script if it support programming of this function.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

noted, thank you. remotify looks really interesting & probably the easy way fwd. i think it supports the feature i need as it mentions being able to switch being banks of a device parameters.

Glad to help! Sometimes remotify does the trick and other times, MT Pro. Once in a while it may take a combination of them.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care