How to hold down a mouse click with a key from my computer keyboard

Hello,
i’m hand disabled, (both), and i hurt myself a lot with mouse or my wacom tablet (touch) du to holding the mouse button for all kind of stuff.

trying to find a way where i could type on a keystroke like ² and it active an infinitive hold down of the left click of my mouse. typing again on the ² or an another key would stop it and make the mouse working again.

anytip how i can do that ? there is no “hold down” fonction in bome translator. thanks !

Hi and welcome back!

Since incoming keystrokes are not suppressed, I recommend you us a key combination that doesn’t print anything or perform some other function.

It this example I use F12.

I toggle the value of global variable ga in the first translator and then look at the value of ga to determine whether to send a mouse click down (translator 0.0) or mouse click up (translator 0.1)

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Toggle Mouse Down-Up.bmtp (1.1 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Hi again, it’s working fine but when using the feature, it turn off many other shortcut in different application.

for example, i use a video player, MPC-BE, and load a bunch of video in it, in the playlist, we switch from one video to an another one using the page up and down. but when running Bome and your config, it’s working, the left mouse is pressed, but the for example Page Up and Down from the keyboard is not working anymore. maybe i’ll try this with an another input like a Midi message, to see if it’s doing the same.

Ho thanks, yeah didin’t come to the forum since a while, very please with bome :slight_smile: it help a lot. i can use one of my steinberg CMC midi controller (like CMC-PD instea of a keystroke) i’ll try it immediatly , thank you !

Yes, that would work. If using MIDI input you will also need to modify the incoming message from a keystroke to MIDI and then select the proper input port for your device.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Hi again, sorry for the disturbing.

It’s working but two issue

1. the Up feature, to stop using the hold on the left click is not working or kind of need to hit several times the up and down message to make the mouse stopping to act all the time.
  2. in some circonstances, like in a video player with a playlist feature (like Media player classic or an another one) when the video switch to an another video, the feature is disabled, the “hold” of the mouse is not working anymore.maybe best would be to do a video example to show it ? not sure my english is good enough to explain that.

Hi, I’d need to look at the incoming trigger of the modified project file to be able to see what is happening. Normally when you push a button it sends a note on message and when you release it, it sends a note-off message. Perhaps your translators are looking at a specific velocity value on incoming MIDI message and for the most part the velocity value should be ignored. Especially if the buttons are velocity sensitive.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Succeded to make it working (using Physical Keyboard keystroke). for Midi it’s my usual issue with the CMC-PD which send Raw midi data (F0… F7) instead of Midi Notes, and so it’s not that easy for me to understand which code is the right one, but it’s working with everything else thank you.

for an unknown reason, under different situation, sometimes it’s not working.

• For example, in video players, when a new video is played in a playlist, something stop the “hold” to work. i Must hit again 2 times) the keystroke to have it working.
  • Maybe to the fact Bome don’t see the window as focus, it’s not working as well with the Movies & Tv Software in Windows.

except these two issues (for now), I’m very happy, hope it will lower a bit the pain of my tunal carpian syndrome lol. Thanks !

If you can log the incoming message from your controller that you want by pressing a pad and the sharing the MIDI message it sends. Then do the same thing for releasing the pad. I might be able to assist from there.

Maybe press at different pressures so that I can see which bytes are changing at each press.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care