How to prevent any pitchbend data output from bome midi translator

Hello, for some reason, my arturia keyboard seems to be outputing unwanted pitchbend data. I do not have the time to troubleshoot the issue as it happen very randomly and without doing anything, just during daw playback. Since my keyboard goes throught bome midi translator, is there a way to disable all pitchbend data ?

I tried this but so far no success

thanks

Hi,

Maybe you are getting aftertouch and not pitch bend. I would otherwise need to see your project file to figure out what is going on.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Bensmir Super Bome.bmtp (505.3 KB)
Hey, here it is
The project file is quite long …

there is only one ‘out’ preset activate at the same time

Well it seems to be working so perhaps Ableton Live is reading pitch bend from the controller port directly instead of through the Bome MIDI Translator port.

You might want to also block channel pressure and polyphonic key pressure to see if one of this messages is causing the problem.

Also makes sure MPE is turned off in Ableton Live.

Bensmir Super Bome-2024-06-15.bmtp (505.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I am on cubase. I tried to block everything you said. The issue is still there

I don’t know how to troubleshoot this, how to know if it comes from bome ?

Could you show me your input MIDI port settings on Cubase?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

the only thing that’s in ‘ALL MIDI’ is the Bome MIDI Translator 1, that’s the one I am using for everything. It’s the only one that can talk to my tracks

Uncheck Aurturia Velocity In. If it is checked it is both visible and being used. Just not ‘All IN’.

If you keep getting pitch bend, uncheck one port at a time until you figure out where it is coming from.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Wait a minute. You are sending from Aurturia Keylab essential? Let me look at your project again. I think I have it handy.

Bensmir Super Bome.bmtp (509.0 KB)

here is the project
Arturia keylab essential is sending to ‘Bome Virtual Port 1’ inside Bome, but I don’t want the original arturia port to be connecting directly to cubase

‘Arturia velocity in’ I’ll try switching this off. I am using it to route the midi out of bome BEFORE some transposition preset and I am using this port only for 1 vst in my project, to keep an eye on the ‘pre transposed’ midi !

You have a MIDI thru path with Arturia Keylab Essential 2 so I added that as an input device for preset 10 so that the blocking translators there will also block pitchbend from Arturia Keylab Essential 2.

Bensmir Super Bome-2024-06-18.bmtp (505.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

it seems to be working for now!
I completely forget that this particular keyboard uses 2 midi ports, one for the keybed and transport controls named 1, and the 2 for everything midi related

I also need to watch some tutorials on MIDI Thru because I think I am using it unnecessarily.

Thank you so much again, you are top tier support !

Glad to hear! I almost never use MIDI thru except for SysEX. I like to have complete control of what is going on using translators.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

so far everything still working good

About the concept of MIDI thru, correct me if I am wrong, but the way I see it is that if there’s no bridge between the ports on the left and the ports on the right, then there’s no data passing on, or am I missing something ?

Midi through paths in the MIDI router really define only the routes MIDI messages take in absence of translators, or if ‘swallow’ is not used within a translator allowing the original MIDI message to pass through.

To route things using translators you either define the source and destination within the translator or you delegate the definition to the preset. If there is no default delegation in the preset, it defaults to the ports selected at the project level. In most cases I like to define the source and destination at the preset level and I organize my presets in my projects by this.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial which hopefully explains this concept more fully.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care