HUI transport messages

Could one, in theory, make any controller send HUI messages to pro tools? If I knew what messages HUI sends for transport control (they're sysex, right?) could I make a midi controller control pro tools transport? Seems like it should be easy, if I could find what the messages are...

Indeed, I have done this in the past for several non-HUI type of controllers. The don't do SysEx yet have their own protocol Most messages are 6 byte messages and there is also a HUI ping handshake. What type of controller do you have? If you search the web for "HUI.doc" you should be able to find a document that was created by someone who pretty much reverse engineered and documented how it all works.

Building a solution, however of a given controller takes a bit of time as all non-HUI controllers are different. I think I also posted a few examples on this board that included simple fader touch and movement.

I can provide a few examples and tips here, however f you need a fully built solution for your controller type, this would be a paid engagement.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

I found the link. It is here. The document you are seeking is HUI.pdf at the link below:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=101328

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz