Injected events target app not being saved in project

A small problem I seem to be having. I’m using translator to send keystrokes to OBS Studio to make scene changes. Works great. Using Windows injected events in Windows 10. Only problem I seem to have is if I close Translator, even after saving the project, when I reopen it the targets are wrong and I have to recapture then again. Should it be saving the target info with the project or do I have to recapture every time I open the project?

Thanks

Hi Glen,

It really depends on the application and how they name their controls. I guess OBS might name them different every time or maybe if a scene name changes or something, it also renames the controls which would require a new injected event. What you can do is look at the event link after programming the injected event and save it in a text file, then look at it again when it changes to see if there is any sense in how OBS is assigning its controls.

P.S. If you save the Bome project, it should also save the injected event link. You can check to make sure that is happening as well. If not, there is a possibility you found a bug.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you so much.
I will check it out.

I did what you suggested. You are correct. It seems that Translator is saving the injected targets, but OBS is changing that target every time I close and reopen it. So it’s not Translator, it’s OBS. I can’t see see any pattern to the changes, it seems to be random. I’ve sent a query to OBS support, I’ll see what happens there. Thanks so much for your help, Any suggestions you may have would still be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

I just found out there is a new Plugin for OBS Studio called MIDI Control. It can accept some MIDI inputs for Certain Actions. This might prove helpful!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve. I’ll check it out.