Is there a possibilty to convert a Mouse to an X - Y Pad (CC), also an USB Touchpad to an X-Y Pad (CC)?

Hey there,

I have an question, do we have the possibility with Bome, to translate a Mouse to X - Y Coordinates?

From a Midi Message to mouse, also using a midi controller as mouse, it`s working. But does work the same in the other way?

Another question is, do we have the possibility to using an usb Touchpad as an midicontroller?

That would be so powerful, when this would be work with the power of Bome :slight_smile:

best regards
Mike

Hi Mike,

Currently Bome MIDI Translator Pro does not support any incoming mouse triggers. For this reason, on my Windows PC, I use AutoHotKey. I have a helper application that I wrote called MIDIBuddy that can convert mouse triggers to MIDI SysEX messages that MT Pro can then use as incoming MIDI triggers. It can also convert Joystick triggers to MIDI.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Since it is written in AutoHotKey it is only supported on Windows.

1 Like

Hey Steve,

nice to meet you :slight_smile:

This sounds amazing! So with a USB touchpad would be the same possible? For example with this one?

USB Touchpad Perixx

Also using the two Buttons as MIDI Messages?
If yes, I will definitily going buy the MidiBuddy :)))

P.S.
On Mac for example, there are much possibilities to do it, but for windows, nobody only you, solve this thing. Otherwise, there was a program, but the server of the developer is down.

kindest regards

Mike

It should work as it looks like the touchpad is emulating a mouse. MIDIBuddy will see this as a standard mouse. It is possible that if you load any special mouse driver for this it may not work. MIDIBuddy is designed to work with standard mouse drivers.

I have a Logitech mouse and if I load their extended driver, I have issues, but if I use the standard mouse driver, everything is fine. Their driver allows for reprogramming mouse events and interferes with the standard driver.

If interested, reach out to me via email.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

That sounds awesome!

Another part is, would be possible to use a graphicpad for similar usage too?

I will definitly reach You a mail, via your contact form on the side.

Thank you Steve :slight_smile:

kindest regards
Mike

I don’t think graphic pads emulate mouse so probably will not work with MIDIBuddy.

MIDIBuddy looks for mouse or joystick actions only.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care