Is there an easy way to enter in multiple simple translators?

I’m currently setting up a Faderfox EC4 to output midi on a channel 16 (none of my other gear is on that channel) to control a Keith McMillen K-Mix, which accepts midi on 10 channels that cannot be changed.

So I have a start on list of translators that looks like this:

These are just ingoing and outgoing, no rules being applied. The problem is, I’m putting in 128 of these and it’s cumbersome.

Is there a faster way to update or make more than just duplicating/clicking through and changing the numbers? If I duplicate a bunch, is it possible to do something like set a new outgoing channel on all of them at once? Is there a spreadsheet view that exists somewhere, and I’m just not seeing it? I would kill to have something like this:

Thanks everyone! (the bomebox is maybe my most useful piece of kit, and I can’t wait to start having it do more midi stuff)

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

I generally handle this with rules and a single translator. Otherwise it is copy and past then change the values one at a time.

Below is an example that I started to give you an idea.
First we look at the incoming CC number (pp) and map it to the appropriate outgoing CC number (tt).
Then we look at the incoming CC number (pp) and map it to the apprpriate outgoing channel (oo).

I usually build the mapping with a spreadsheet creating the rules and then copy and paste the rules from a spreadsheet to a text file. Then copy and paste the text file rules into the rules of MT Pro.

EC4-CC-Mapping.bmtp (1.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the fast response. I ended up setting things up manually, but I’m going to go back and try it your way, just for ease of editability.

I’ve been lurking for a while, and I’m always impressed by your quick responses. Thanks again!

Thanks for the kind words! I’m always happy to help.

Steve