Hello Bome Engineers! Loving the smoothness of the latest Bome firmware and would like to thank you for all you do.
However, I have encountered an issue in my setup as it pertains to USB MIDI being sent from the Bomebox to my pair of Minilogue xd’s after updating to Korg’s most recent firmware (2.10). I noticed it after updating the first of the synths. It actually worked for a little while, so it was a surprise when it all of a sudden stopped working. I had a suspicion it was the firmware so I decided to wait a few days before updating the firmware of the second synth so I could run a slew of tests to determine the cause.
Aside from USB MIDI from the Bomebox, the synth is fully functional with receiving MIDI notes. The DIN input works fine. The USB port works for sending MIDI notes directly from a simple keyboard app on my computer, as well as connecting and transferring information to the companion librarian software. I ran different variables and versions of these tests and they all seem to point to the Minilogue’s firmware since, all the while, the second (control) Minilogue continued to work flawlessly with the Bome Box.
After running all the tests, I updated the second Minilogue. Experienced the same results to an exact degree. It worked for a while, continuing to behave as it always had. Then all of a sudden…totally unresponsive. Kind of a bummer, but I understand the compatibility between all these firmwares and devices is super complicated and issues like this arise. I’ll survive on the DIN ports, but I wanted to bring it to your attention so hopefully one day in the future I can return to using the USB ports for my particular setup.
EDIT: Forgot to specify that even though the Minilogue running firmware 2.10 wasn’t receiving notes over USB, the Bomebox still recognized it on the list of MIDI ports in the Web Config (and would subsequently recognize whenever I unplugged the USB cable). Just wanted to include that factor.