Issue with virtual ports - cleaning up the Registry

wow, that makes me happy! I can only imagine how much trial&error you’ve had to go through to finally identify this solution.

And thank you very much for posting here. I assume you’ve disabled USB hub power management in the respective Device Manager device property pages? Or is there a tool for that?

Thanks, so it appears to be issues with the mini NUC

• Not enough power to power the device
  • USB allow sleep setting set

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Yes they are two separate issues. With the one miniNUC, it was logging power warnings but the other one was not. (two different brands with different power supply ratings). The power splitter cable resolved the warnings on the one miniNUC.

The main issue seems to have been functionality in the EUFI BIOS. The renewed Lenovo Mini had no issues from the start, but the two cheaper miniNUCs did. The Lenovo did not have the same type of BIOS (older). I believe the USB power management functionality is a feature in the newer versions of EUFI Bios. I had not seen this before.

With this issue resolved it opens up opportunities not only to do what I am doing, using cheap <$140 miniNUCs to interface in 8x8 and 16x16 Midi port devices, but also the ability to use these to run VST racks containing multiple VST synths without loading them into a DAW saving resources on the DAW.

Well I’m glad you figured it all out. Have fun!