Jitter on APC faders

Detection of movement of some of the faders on my APC Mini are used to shift focus from one Ableton track to another. Unfortunately, there seems to be some jitter on some of the pots. It’s sporadic, but almost always happens a few times during a session.
I think you (Steve) suggested a way to ‘debounce’ or "dejitter) the fadersall " but I tried using the fix and it wasn’t quite effective enough. Can you suggest a really robust debounce technique? I’m not particularly sensitive to having a lag in response time.
I believe that some of the time, this is because the fader is between two values. Other times it’s because the fader had developed instability when at certain values.

Hi,

You should be able to use something similar to what is posted here to solve the issue.

I have set it up with two CC numbers. Each CC has a global variable to retain the last known value. We set a watchdog timer for each CC when it is moved. When the timer trips, the value needed to move the CC is 3 (value of ga) instead of 1. When the timer is active, it will move with just a value of 1.
Right now I use the global variable ‘ga’ to control both CCs but I think it is probably best to use different global variables to control the value of each CC otherwise moving one fader will effect the minimum movement of another.

With that this is a bit of ‘for illustration only’ purposes. I know you use watchdog timers already to control note outgoing actions for LED feedback, so you may want to incorporate this with the timers you already use into your current methodology.

Also, I’m not sure what global variables you currently use and how many you have left.

Debounce-Multiple.bmtp (3.0 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,
I didn’t see the notice that this had been answered. I’ll try it and let you know how well it works.
Tnanks,
Gabriel

Sounds good!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz