Key Stroke with Abelton and OBS

I’m trying to use ableton live with bomes midi translator to send keystrokes to OBS. I’m seeing keystroke output on the event monitor and I’ve tried setting up the inject function but I get nothing. I’m confused as to what is going on?

Apologise if this is doesn’t make sense,

Many thanks,
James

Yes, I experimented with OBS and it doesn’t seen to recognized injected events. Not all programs do, as a workaround you could have a translator with outgoing action that sets focus to OBBS and another one shortly thereafter that send the required keystroke. Alternately, I believer there is a MIDI plugin for OBS that might do what you need using MIDI.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

I tried the midi plugin and it didn’t work. How would I set focus to OBS through midi commands?

Hi,
Something like the below. Set your Alias to the virtual port that your Ableton track output will send notes to. Change the notes that you need if you would like. I have three translators.

• First translator selects OBS (in my case OBS64) on any not incoming.
  • Second translator selects DeskCam if incoming note is 97( I set OBS to F15 to select the scene Deskcam afer a 20 ms delay
  • Third translator uses note 95 and sends F14 which I have sent to the scene Face Cam. Again I give it 20ms to catch up.

Ableton-OBS-Control.bmtp (1.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz