Keystroke error message

Hi, sorry for another question so quickly after my last one. I’m figuring stuff out as I go. I’ve searched topics and the manual and couldn’t find it.

Ableton can assign keystrokes to almost everything in the program. I recently found out you can also use all kinds of symbols, not just the letters on the typing keyboard. So I was hoping of using Bomes to translate midi messages to keystroke symbols. I’ve found a list of all the Altcode symbols used in Windows. If I set up BMT to send one of those symbols, using the Text keystroke paste function. I get the error messages you see below.

Any way the fix the erors and send those symbols as a keystroke?

Thanks a lot,

Leon

current keyboard does not have a key for emulation of: ‘Ç’
current keyboard does not have a key for emulation of: ‘ü’
current keyboard does not have a key for emulation of: ‘é’
current keyboard does not have a key for emulation of: ‘Ç’

Hi,

You are confusing keystrokes with special character symbols. Keyboards produce keystrokes (more accurately scan codes), which are then translated to virtual keys based on the international language. By contrast, displayed characters just generate different images to the screen but do not send keystrokes to an application.

With that said, you should be able to use and alt, ctl or shift combination to generate the results you want but again they will have nothing to do with the symbols displayed.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Thanks Steve. I’ll use the alt codes instead.

1 Like