Keystroke to MIDI CC addition/ subtraction

Hi,
I am trying to get a keystroke to do a mathematical operation to a value and ouput this as CC.
So, for example:

I press ‘+’ on my keyboard and the ouput of MIDI Translator Pro should be MIDI CC #102 with a new value of the ‘former’ value (granted, let’s say 100) + 5 (for example)

What I tried:

pp = pp + 5

outputs pp as 5 always.

pp = 5 + qq
pp = qq

outputs the value 5 constantly as well. Sorry if my explanation is a little complicated, in the end I’d just like to add + 5 in CC value everytime I press a key. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best!

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

The variables oo, pp, qq, rr, ss, tt, uu, vv, ww and xx are are local variables so their initial value is not guaranteed. All other variables are global and are guaranteed to be 0 at project start. Global variables are persistent across translator iterations and chan be shared with other translators while local variables are not persistent and are private to a given incoming trigger. Local variables are usually set by the incoming trigger or by the user from a certain value or from a global variable. Consider local variables a kind of a scratch pad area of memory.

Variables are discuss in section 10.3 of the Bome MIDI Translator Pro Users Manual.

You can follow the link above, or Press F1 or the help menu from within the application.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you so much Steve, other variables work like a charm!

1 Like