Keystroke to OS?

From searching the forum I have come to learn that MTP keystrokes will go to the active application.

Is there any way to send keystrokes to the general operating system? I want to be able to control a background application (OBS) via keyboard shortcuts generated from my MIDI controller while another application (Traktor) is the active window. Is this possible using Bome MTP?

Hi,

Some applications allow for injected events on Windows platform. Sadly OBS doesn’t seem to support that although I think I remember it has some plugins that might support direct MIDI.

In the meantime, if you have MTP Version 1.9 you can set it up with 3 outgoing translators

1. Outgoing action to change application focus to OBS
  2. Outgoing action to send keystroke after a delay.
  3. Outgoing action to change application focus back to Traktor (with longer delay)

The incoming trigger would be the same for all translators.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Steve, you’re a freaking legend! Thanks for the clarification and workaround. Will give this a shot and circle back.

Also I forgot to mention that I’m running this on a Mac if that makes any difference.

OK, yes no injected keystrokes on Mac.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

just tried the 3 translator option and it works like a charm!

freaking love MTP!! You rock, Steve - serious thanks!! Is there anything this app can’t do =P

Yes, as a customer I’m very pleased as well!

Steve