Knob behavior - creates a continuous signal or stops

Hello - newbie here. I have a Korg NanoKontrol Studio and I am using Bome Midi Translator Pro.

I am trying to create a proof of concept. The knobs have a potential value between 0-127. I would like a knob (in this case in Channel 1, CC#13) to have a continuous behavior.

Right now, if the knob has a value of over 106 then it triggers the ‘Knob Output Up’ Transformation 3 times, then it stops.

I would like it to continue to send the signal as long as the knob has a value of over 106 and stop when it has a value of 106 or below.

One additional question: I am aware that this can potentially create hundreds of output per second. Ideally, if the knob had a value of over 106 for 2 seconds, the behavior would be triggered 20 times (this is an arbitrary number, but it would be low). How can I do this?

I enclose a copy of my current bmtp file.
NanoKontrol v0.3.bmtp (1.8 KB)

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

First of all I disabled your translators so yo can always go back to them if you want.

Translator 0.6 will monitor the value of CC13 and will Stop the timer if it falls below 107 by the output action of killing the timer (translator 0.7).

If it goes above 106, it will call translator 0.8 to start the timer using the perform rule.

I have the translator sending values at 250ms intervals as specified on the output of translator 0.8.

Here are the rules of translator 0.6.

if qq>106 then gz=1
else gz=0
if gz==0 then exit rules, execute Outgoing Action
else Perform "Start Knob Up"
exit rules, skip Outgoing Action

I use the value of gz to determine whether to start or stop the timer.

NanoKontrol v0.3–sjc.bmtp (2.4 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

That works, thank you!

1 Like