LED feedback (akai apc mini/bomes midi translator)

Hi Steve

Regarding this midi controller led feedback I was talking to you about I would like help with executors for example I have several pages on my lighting software and would want my page up button to flash at a certain rate to match the page the lighting software is on (page one is selected and the controller flashes once a second). I also have several different types of executors ones that you have to press to go through cues and ones that you just press.

Many thanks
James.

OK, so lets say you are on page 1 and using fader 1. You want the LED above fader 1 to flash at a different rate depending on the position of the fader? If not the LED above fader 1, which LED as I don’t see any LED’s called “Page Up”.

I’m not sure if I can exactly match the rate you want as MT Pro handles 1ms increments. What would be the flash rates when the fader is a lowest position (0) and the rate at the highest position (127). I assume you are converting from CC to Note to send to dot2. What note are you using?

Hi Steve

What I mean’t by page up is that it’s a button the APC mini that I’ve programmed myself. So depending on the page it’s on would be the rate it flashes (page 4 would be 4 flashes a second).

Yes I am converting from CC to Note for dot2.

Many thanks
James

OK, so the up arrow or the left most bottom button just above fader 1? You press that button and it cycles between page 1-4? If on page 1 it flashes at 1 per second and if on page 2 it flashes at 2 per second, page 3 at 3 per second and page 4 at for per second? If you press it again it goes back to page 1?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve

Yes that’s exactly what I mean. The button I’m referring to is top right circular button.

Many thanks
James.

OK, my APC-Mini has that labeled as “Clip Stop”

I’ll post an example shortly.

Hi Steve

That’s exactly what I’m referring to.

Many thanks
James.

OK,

This should do it.
I have 3 presets

• Init - This handles the project initialization routines
  • To Dot2 - This handles the translators from your controller to Dot2
  • LED Feedback - This handles the LED Feedback

Within the Init preset there are 4 translators

The first one triggers a one shot timer (also called Init) when you open the project
The second one triggers the Init timer if you hit your computer ESC key
The third one initializes your global variables. I use ga for the timer value
The forth one starts the continuous flash timer at the initial value of ga (after calculating the flash rate in rules based on the value of ga of 1 2 3 or 4

Preset “To Dot2” input is set as My Controller (which is an alias that points to your APC-MINI". It only has 1 translator right now to handle the page up button press (Clip Stop on my controller). It just passes through that button to Dot2 which is an alias to Bome MIDI Translator Virtual Port 1)

Preset LED Feedback is set for input from and to “My Controller” for LED feedback.
THe first translator increments the value of ga, sets the flash rate and restarts the “Flash Page” timer at the new rate. It cycles through the various rates.

Here is my Alias assignment (I’m using the second APC-MINI since I have 2 attached.).

Here is the project file
APC-MINI-Dot2-Feedback-Example-2021-04-10.bmtp (2.1 KB)

Note: Oh and I use the global variable “gb” for the flash state of the LED 1=On and 0=Off

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz