Little preset that transpose notes by x semitones : it sends the note twice (the transposed note + the non transposed note)

Hello, I have the following preset :
1 translator for Note on
1 translator for Note off

both have rr=pp+ x (x for the semitone that I want for the transposition)

But it sends 2 notes at the same time to my DAW, it’s like the translator doesn’t ‘swallow’ the note and let the non transposed version pass through

Thanks

Hi,

Well without looking at your project file, it is hard to tell but I suspect that you either don’t have the right MIDI routing or the incoming MIDI message does not exactly match what is being received so it would be going through any defined MIDI thru routes.

I create a project and attached it here.

I set up my aliases as follows:

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

I set up the preset port selection as follows at the preset level.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

I made sure the incoming note and velocity were set to ‘any velocity’ so only the MIDI Channel would need to match (MIDI CH 1).

I set up no MIDI thru routing but you could add that if you want to handle anything but note-on and note-off on MIDI CH 1.

Note-On-Off-transpose.bmtp (1.4 KB)

If this doesn’t work let me know and if you would like you can post your project file to tell you where you went wrong for sure.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Can’t make it work. I know something is wrong with my routing
Here’s my project
Bensmir Super Bome.bmtp (57.5 KB)

I usually set the input to ‘arturia key lab essential 1’ and the output to ‘BMT 1 virtual out’ and it works but not this time.

Thanks

But something also just broke, now I have 0 signals transmitting to ‘loopbe internal midi’

Hi,

I’m assuming the issues is with translators 2.0 and 2.1. You don’t have any transpose rules here.

If you are talking about 37.0 and 37.1, then if you look at the preset port selection, you are sending to LoopBE instead of Bome MIDI Translator Virtual 1. Any time you have a preset port selection, it will override the project port selection. Any time you have a translator port selection, it will override both the preset and project port selection.

You also don’t have an input port selection on preset 37 so it will do translation on any incoming port that you have set at the project level.

You also have a bunch of MIDI THRU routes which may or may not be intentional. Basically if there is no translator in play, then the MIDI will go through the MIDI THRU routes at the project level.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

If you point me to the translators that you are referencing, I can correct them as well as the parent preset.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

That’s because I wanted to send the transposed signal to ‘loopbe’ and the untransposed signal to ‘bome midi translator Virtual 1’. I wanted to do that as a workaround because BMT 1 was sending a double signal.

Yes the MIDI THRU routes are intentional.

But for some reason, after opening your project, the loopbe midi thru stopped working completely, the app that were connected to ‘loopbe’ don’t receive any midi signal anymore.

Let’s forget about loopbe for the moment and just focus on the translation preset 37 (C major). I am now testing it in Cubase and by playing D, cubase receive 2 simultaneous midi notes : D and a note 7 semitones higher (A). How to solve that ?
My keyboard is transmitting throught midi channel 1

Bensmir Super Bome.bmtp (57.5 KB)

I solved it ! The issue was preset 0 to 6, they must be disabled in order for things to work properly !

OK, perhaps you can give me a screen shot of your your MIDI aliases are assigned. You can find that in the MIDI Menu.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I solved it ! The issue was preset 0 to 6, they must be disabled in order for things to work properly !
Because I was using midi notes there too to modulate velocity and I completely forgot that I had them

Well I’m glad you figured it out!

Steve