Load project on startup - Midi Translator

Is there a way with Bome Midi Translator software to make a specific project load with startup?

Hi and welcome to the Bome forum!

I’m not sure if you are on Windows or Mac.

There are command line options for starting a given project file shown on page 110 of the Bome MIDI Translator Pro User Manual.

Also page 98 section 13.3.4

On Windows, you could put a shortcut in your Windows Startup Forder to the .bmtp file and that should works since .bmtp files are associated with Bome MIDI Translator.

For me I use an autohotkey script with the following statement.

Run,“C:\Program Files (x86)\Bome MIDI Translator Pro\MIDITranslator.exe” “G:\Steve\personal\Bome\Main-Computer-Controllers-Setup.bmtp” , C:\Program Files (x86)\Bome MIDI Translator Pro

The Windows “Start” command is similar.

For Mac, refer here. I think you could just add the .bmtp file but I have never tried it.

Also you can get to the Bome MIDI Translator Pro user manual by hitting F1 or using the menu help item within Bome MIDI Translator Pro. It is a .pdf file so you will need to have a pdf view on your computer.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi .

Thanks for the reply. I am using windows and the first things that came into mind was the startup shell command. It worked but wanted to know if there were other options.

Thank you.

Joe

Yes, probably the quickest way is to copy and paste shortcut the .bmtp file into the startup folder.
No coding required doing this.