Log window constantly reloading on startup

Hi there! I am running into a strange issue that has persisted for a couple of months now, and could use some help to resolve it. Anytime I start my computer or re-load my bome project, the log window re-opens, even if I have closed it (and re-saved the project, although I don’t believe that should make a difference) before shutting down/restarting. So, I have to close it manually on every startup. Any support would be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance! -Gordon

Hi Gordon,
Do you mean the application? If you want the application minimized at startup:

1. Go to view settings

2. Under “Startup” check “Start minimized”

Let me know if this is what you mean.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey Steve, thanks so much for your reply. No, I mean the log window (displayed under the view dropdown you posted a screenshot of). I get the warning about resource usage of the log window immediately on startup.

OK, I’ll check it out. Normally if you close the log window and then restart MT Pro the, log window should remain closed.

Are you running 1.9.0? Stay tuned.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

When I close the log window and re-open MT Pro, there is no log window. Here is the version I’m running.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Yes, I never had the issue until just a couple months ago. It is 1.9.0. Looking at your screencap, I see that my build is 1020, while yours is 1022. When I go to the site to try to update though, it says that my license key is deactivated. It may be because I had returned my key then bought the software again a couple weeks later. I will reach out via email to get the download link.

OK, sounds good.

Also your setting file might be linked to your project file.

For instance if you have a project file named “MyProjectFile.bmtp” and a settings file names “MyProjectFile.bmts”. Then MT Pro will read the value of that settings file instead of “MIDITranslatorPro.bmts”.

This is where the information on your settings for Bome MIDI Translator Pro is stored. You can read about this in the Bome MIDI Translator User Manual on page 93 section 11.7.5.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I may have misspoken. The .bmts file will follow that of the application name and not the project file name.

Ah okay, yes as far as I know I don’t have any bmts files saved or imported. And I don’t believe there are any settings about loading the log window on startup.

Hello again! I was able to download the latest version, yet the issue persists. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :grin:

Hi,

Could you tell me if there are any other message that come up when you load your project file. Something like ports not found or any other messages?

Could you post your project file so I can take a look if we can duplicate the problem? If you don’t want it publicly posted, you can either PM me or send email.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Any progress?