Logidy UMI3 compatibility

When I plug in my Logidy UMI3 into Bome’s USB the LED on the UMI3 stays lit and doesn’t send MIDI data. Disabling all other routes doesn’t fix the issue. Anyone else have success with these?

I reached out to logidy and they said:

“If the LED stays on, it means the UMI3 never finished to enumerate. This is probably because your embedded host (that box) is not able to handle the USB composite configuration of the UMI3. It likely has an incomplete stack implementation. I suggest you check with the manufacturer of that custom host.”

Hi,

I have a Logidy UMI3 on my Windows 10 machine and it works fine. I would, however suggest if you are using the Logity UMI3 application, that you close it when using Bome MIDI translator Pro and then let Bome MIDI Translator Pro handle any translations you want. The Logidy software is of little use and provides much less functionality than what Bome MIDI Translator can provide. Just use the tool to program all switches to a single MIDI message and then use Bome MIDI Translator Pro to translato them or modify the outgoing messages to the app or device as you wish.

It is possible that if the USB LED is on solid, that the USB driver needs to be re-installed. You can do this with Device Manager in Windows.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz