Mackie Control and Lemur

I’m having a frustrating problem using a mackie control template in Lemur for Ipad and Cubase 11.
If I just hook up the output (to a mackie control device in Cubase) automation works as it should, i.e., when I touch a fader automation writes and when I let go automation stops (just like a real mackie control). However, if I enable output from Cubase mackie control device, Automation doesn’t torn off when the fader is released but rather at the prescribed timing (as if using a generic controller) in Cubase.
I’ve tried filtering note and pitchbend to the mc control return but that makes no difference.
I’m stumped and if anyone has any insights it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, Thanks for reaching out.

Is it possible to show a log of what is going on from MT Pro? Do you have your output also routed back through MT Pro or are you sending it directly. Are you on PC or Mac and are you using RTP MIDI for the connection?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve. I’m relatively confident with MT Pro. I managed to filter out notes going back to the Lemur MCU but nothing seems to help. There’s some kind of MCU weirdness going on. I have a dedicated MCU app (DAW Control) on my Ipad and it works fine… I’ve recorded the midi from it and it’s the same as Lemur , midi notes for turning on the automation and pitchbend for levels.

Yes, I would need to see some specific output logs to be of much help as it is difficult to just wok with “MCU weirdness” as a problem description. Maybe that Mackie MCU scribble strip messages from Cubase are what is messing things up with Lemur.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz