Magicq demo

Hi all:
What is the best way to control a fader in magicq or other software without midi?
Right now, i can assign ex. note 1 to fader up and note 2 to fader down, but i intended to control fader speed.
In BMT I’m using midi note 1 and midi note 2 outgoing to mouse/mouse button clicks/down and set mouse position. I cannot find a way to control fader speed.

If there’s any other solution, please advise me.
Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

I assume you are able to correctly find the fader location for mouse click and drag operation and right now you are just looking to control the mouse drag speed. Is this correct. Perhaps if you shared the project file that you have so far, I can modify it. The trick here would be to use a repeating timer with a delay to slowly drag the mouse pointer a few pixels at a time.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi:
after some research i’ve done this project that is in good way.
Fader down, works fine. Fader up, still do fader down…
I’m using CC07 instead of midi notes

Thanks
TEST FADER1.bmtp (1.8 KB)

I can work with this, however if you want a “timed” up and down, you probably should use notes and let the timers to do the dragging. If you want to drag the fader with your knob, then it is best not to use a timer and just use your knob twisting to do it. If we use a knob, we will need the translator to determine which direction the knob is moving so that we know whether to perform an up or down drag action.

Is the location of the fader position always constant? If the fader has moved since your last action, it may not work a second time? Bome MIDI Translator Pro cannot tell the current mouse position so you have to tell it every time. If you are on Windows, I have a helper app for sale that works with MT Pro to tell it the current cursor location. It is not a Bome Product and is called MIDIBuddy. More information on MIDIBuddy can be found here.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz