Maschine MK3 MTP and Davinci Color Page

Hello, I am having trouble with mapping my Maschine MK3 encoders to the color page in Davinci. I have checked the other threads and have gotten as far as being able to use the encoder to control the mouse and another to use as a mouse click. But I have not been able to figure out how to get the mouse position to work correctly. I want to be able to change the basic color editing tools with the encoders. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What is the CC Number of the Encoder? Is it relative or absolute? If you show me a log of what your encoder sends when you turn it, that would help.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you so much Steve for your speedy response. Before even asking, I have read almost all of your threads on this subject, but It’s still hard for me because I am new to this. On the image above I was wondering if I could use the top row of buttons, CC60-CC69 to select a parameter, and then the row of encoders below, CC108-CC115 to control the parameters, or if the buttons on the top can select a parameter then I just use one encoder to control whichever parameter has been selected. I don’t know which is the best option. I can change the buttons between relative and absolute. The main problem I am having is not knowing how to control the color page. Can it only be controlled by mouse position and mouse drag? Or there are shortcuts inside the system to route the midi signal to? Thanks again for your help.

Hi,
You can probably modify the version of APC-40 Drag to make this work. Let’s see if you get that working before we get into this one as this one is more complex and will build off of the other project I sent you.

The key difference will be that we will need to set the screen coordinates for each color wheel and moving there before performing the click and drag operation. It the APC-40 drag project I sent you, we are simply clicking at the current mouse position.
Each click location will need to be absolute so your Davinci Resolve display will need to be fixed. If it moves, we will be clicking at the wrong location.

Please review the APC-40 solution I sent and then get back to me once you have it working.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

This might be closer to what you want. I did it with my APC40 however you could also use it as a beginning point for your Maschine.

I modified it so that you can push a button to change the mouse drag direction. Left/Right to Up/Down and back (Note 7)

I also added select page shortcuts to select a different preset. I used the default Resolve Shortcuts and it will select. Most presets are empty except for Page Color.

In page color preset, I calculated my initial mouse positions. For Lift, Gamma, Gain and Offset. Pressing notes 8,9,10 and 11 will position over each one respectively. Your screen locations may be different.

This should get you on your way. There is a lot more to fill in however. I put all used global variables in the Init Preset translator 2. I find this the best way to document them. I usually put them in alphabetical order.

APC-40 - Davinci Resolve - Color Wheels.bmtp (7.0 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Glad I could help. This thread may also help although I did it on an APC40 MKII since I don’t have a Maschine.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi,
Try this for your Maschine. I disabled preset 2 and left Preset 7 enabled so that you can test with your color wheels.

The first knob is your left/right movement at the current mouse location. The second knob is your up/down movement at the current mouse location. You should not try to move both knobs at the same time.

You will need to modify the incoming MIDI messages for translators 7.0 through 7.4.
7.0 ensures you are focused on Davinci Resolve with any of the color wheel selections. 7.1-7.4 control the initial mouse location for it’s respective color wheel.

Davinci Resolve - Color Wheels.bmtp (7.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care