Mic faders on mutes aux

Hello All, first time posting and new to bome so please forgive any idiocy.

Im currently trying mute a certain aux on a Behringer XR18 when one of the first 3 faders are up. I have worked out how to make this work with just 1 fader (control change from fader to note on on mute), but when more than 1 fader is assigned to the mute on the aux it creates issues as it unmutes if any of the faders are put to 0.

Is there any way to only have the aux unmute when ALL the faders are down, not just 1?

Thanks in advance.

G

Hi and welcome!

Post the project on what you have so far and I’ll take a look.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey!

Realize this is very delayed but better late than never i guess! Ive attached the file. Im using a pinoneer dj controller just to test things.

G

Fader mute.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Hi,

Your project file is quite confusing as the outgoing message to the Behringer X-touch 18 doesn’t seem to match the documentation. You are sending note 25 on MIDI CH 2 and according to the documentation, all mute commands are sent vai MIDI CH 2 CC messages. This document page 31.

Do you want mute a given aux send when one of the first 3 faders up (not 0 MIDI value) and to unmute only if all 3 faders are down? This seems a bit backward to me.

Here is an example of looking at the value of 3 faders to determine a mute state

Fader 0 value is stored in global variable g0 - Translator 1.0
Fader 1 value is stored in global variable g1 - Translator 1.1
Fader 2 value is stored in global variable g2 - Translator 1.2

In translator 1.3 we determine the desired mute state.

First we OR g0 with g1. Then we OR that with g2.

So if qq>0 then we want it muted and se set the desired mute state in global variable gb to 1. Global variable ga carries the current mute state. We then trigger a timer “Mute-State” which is handled by translator 1.4

// only incoming cc0-cc2
if pp>2 then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action

// check each fader
qq=g0|g1
qq=qq|g2

// set desired state
gb=0
if qq>0 then gb=1

In translator 1.4 we compare ga (current mute state) with gb (desired mute state) and if they are the same we do nothing.

If they are not the same we set the local variable qq to the value we want for CC25 outgoing message. We toggle the mute state and send the CC

// ga= current mute state
// gb= desired mute state
// do nothing if they are the same
if ga==gb then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action

// set outgoing value delenind on desired state
if gb==1 then qq=0
if gb==0 then qq=127
// Toggle current mute state
ga=ga^1

if zz==1 then Log "Log Mute state = %ga%"

Preset 0 handles all of the global variable initialization.

Here is the project file. You will need to change your incoming values for your controller of translators 1.0 through 1.2.

You will also need to change the rules of 1.3 to only trigger if one of your 3 incoming values are in scope.

Mute-State-fader.bmtp (2.9 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey Steve,

Thanks so much for your replies, extremely usefull.

Managed to get it working well, just had to change the things you mentioned and also flip the control values of qq as it muting when the faders were down as apposed to muting when the faders were up. Now just to upload to a bomebox.

This is part of a larger project installing a midi network into a radio studio so i will let you know how i get on.

Best,

George

1 Like