Midi CC1 Automates Another CC On A Smaller Scaled Range

Hi,

I’m using Bome MIDI Translator Pro, I’m rather new to how Bome programming is done and I was wondering if the following is possible.

I want to control CC1 with my nanokontrol fader, but have Bome translate in addition to CC1 to another CC for example CC20 on a smaller scaled range. So, CC1 would act from 1-127 but I can set it to also send to CC20 from 10% - 50% of CC1 values.

I’m trying to recreate what Kontakt midi automation does but do it through Bome so I can print the values when I midi record. Here is a pic below of the midi automation window if anyone is familiar how it works.

Is this possible?

Cheers,
Dillon

Hi Dillon and welcome to the Bome Community!

Yes this is possible, however scaling on values between 0 and 127 may not be really precise.

The attached example shows how this is done.

The first translator passes through the CC1 MIDI message untouched.

The second translator takes the CC1 message and scales it to an outgoing CC20 message at the percentage defined in the global variable pp at the beginning of rules of that translator . In this case I have it set to 20 which should represent roughly 20%. The CC20 message going out is roughly 20% of the original CC message, however since MIDI and Bome do not use decimal, it is automatically rounded to the nearest integer.

I hope this helps!

Scaled-secondary CC.bmtp (1.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for welcoming me and for the fast solution. Your solution was perfect! Bome is amazing and your support was fantastic. I also really appreciate your comments on the rules provided so I can understand and make more presets.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Dillon

I’m always happy to help!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Great… i was just starting to look this problem up. and voila… here is the perfect solution.
I love Bome and my Yamaha SY77 loves it too…so many new treatments for it.

1 Like