Midi clock link from traktor to ableton stopping play button

Hiya !

I’ve set the Traktor to Ableton midi clock link as written in Bome’s user manual.
But I have a problem: when I tick the EXT box in ableton to receive the clock from traktor via BMT2 it stops the play button !
I tried with another program (loopmidi) that I used before and its working fine without stopping, any idea?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome back!

I guess I would need to look at the project file to see what is happening. I assume that you are using the same project file for both Bome Virtual Ports and loopMIDI.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve, glad to be back cheers :slight_smile:

I am using BMT2 for the midi clock link in my project file (only using this one file yes)
I don’t use loop midi anymore, it was just to check if it was still working like in my previous setup

Here’s the file
CNTRLR + MFTW – 2024 EN TEST.bmtp (73.6 KB)

Thanks for the super fast answer !

Well, I’m not able to duplicate your issue, but I don’t have Traktor on my system. However I can start and stop external clock (generated from another application) without trouble. If I’m playing in Ableton Live on Internal clock and click External, it doesn’t stop but just changes the speed of the song because my clock has a different rate. The only think I can see that might stop the clock is if you get a MIDI stop Message (FC Hex). Then if you get a MIDI start message (FA Hex), it starts up again on the next clock signal.

I tested with both loopMIDI and with BMT 2.

With that said, I did modify your project file a bit. Instead of hardcoding the ports to BMT2 I created alias and then used the MIDI router between the aliases. That way if you want to change clock source, you can simply re-assign the alias.

CNTRLR + MFTW – 2024 EN TEST-sjc.bmtp (73.7 KB)

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve, thanks for your help !

Well I solved my issue from changing the midi router:

From this:

To this:

I just don’t get it with the router stuff ^^

That doesn’t make sense so maybe you have some translators in play that I don’t see.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care