MIDI CONTROLLER for FAIRLIGHT (DaVinci Resolve)

Hi there, I’m in exactly the same boat with an Oxygen 61 and fairlight. I’ve downloaded the file from above but with no joy. Very new to this so please be gentle :joy:

Hu @callum1 , and welcome to the Bome community!

I believe the Oxygen 61 controller has 2 Mackie MCU modes so it is possible that if you want Fairlight control only you could just set it up in one of those modes.

Documentation for Oxygen 61 is here.

However if there are other things you want to do like MIDI to keystroke or mouse movements, you would need to use Bome MIDI Translator Pro.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Oh and if you have the older MKIV model, we can help too but need to know how you have programmed your knobs, buttons and faders. The easiest way is to hook your controller up and open the MIDI port with MT Pro. Then turn on logging and move the faders, turn the knobs or push the buttons so we can see what they are sending. This indeed would require the use of Bome MIDI Translator Pro.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

HI Steve, thank you for getting back to me. I think I have the older MKIV - bought it second hand so I don’t have any original documentation. Would the first step be to log the input with MTPro as you suggetsed?

Yes, probably start with just the faders at first.