Midi event processor

Do you have a device that can do what this device can do? MIDI Solutions Event Processor; 10 Event MIDI Event Processor

I want to convert control change messages e.e #1 convert to #2

Indeed, this can be achieved. The translator would be written as such

Incoming: Control Change #1 on MIDI Channel 1 any value set value to qq

Outgoing: Control Change #2 on MIDI Channel 1 value qq

The input device selected needs to be the controller you are sending to.

The output device needs to be either a virtual port (that you connect to the application) or the device you want to send to. For instance if you send to virtual port Bome MIDI VIrtual 1, you should set your application to BMT 1.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Ok nice, and an I set around 12 of these messages and the device won’t need to be updated again it will just be set and forget? Just like midi solutions event processor?

I’d like to move my business over the you guys as Midi solutions say they haven’t updated their software to work on Catalina 10.15.7 does this software get supported?

Hi the project file when saved can be opened again with the same project files and will retain translator settings. Yes Bome MIDI Translator Pro works with Catalina.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also if you purchase a BomeBox in addition to Bome MIDI Translator Pro, you can run your project there without a computer although the output device may be different (network port, attached USB device, or MIDI DIN output)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I don’t want to run any computer when using the BomeBox, I want to set it up and power it without a computer. Is this possible? I only want to use a computer to set it up and that’s all?

Yes, that is how it works. On PC or Mac you develop the application (project file). Then you upload it to BomeBox for execution using the BomeBox web iterface.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi, final question can I have around 12 of these settings for my control changes?

e.g 1-10 control change input changed to control change 11-21 output?

I’m assuming I can have a lot more but these are my only requirements, even 10 like the event processor by midi solutions would be fine

Yes, you can create as many translators as you would like, each translating from one MIDI message type to the same with different MIDI channel, value or even another type (note, CC, pitch bend etc).

We have a wealth of tutorials and I’m always here to help.

MT Pro Tutorials

BomeBox Tutorials

As you say, there might be a bit of a learning curve but these are very powerful tools. I run my setups on them and assisted many users on performing various functions.
Once you get the hang of it, you will be quite hooked.

I started out as a Bome Customer and am still a Bome Customer and just got good enough at it that Florian was kind enough to hire me to provide support. If the free support goes out of scope, I’m usually around to take on paid projects as well.

Let me know when you get your BomeBox and MT Pro both ready and reach out here if you need help. Spend time with the tutorials if you would like. They are usually under 5 minutes and I usually include the project file link if you want to try the examples I build.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Ok nice, cheers for that. I ordered one now. Not happy with Midi solutions failing to up keep their software so I’ll give this company a go.

Will arrive soon hopefully I can figure it out on my own :wink: will message if not

Best to use the forum instead of PM so other users can benefit from the discussion as well. Thanks! You won’t regret your decision.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I’m a recent “convert” to “Bomism” after trying other tools.

I’m waiting for my BomeBox hardware to show up, but have already built out my control environment in the BMTP application. In a few sessions of an hour or so each, I was able to solve big problems interfacing my KMI Softstep midi pedal to the rest of my keyboard rig. I’ve added short press/long press to a number of keys, and have manipulated the LED’s above the keys to startup correctly and indicate status in a very intuitive way, based on techniques exhibited in one of the example files that Steve generously shares on this forum.

If you’re willing to invest the time, the BomeBox can work true Midi magic! As Steve says, you will not regret ordering this product.

Hi, glad to see you have things working! Thanks for the good words!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care