MIDI shift Numark DJ2GO2

Hey there,
I’m looking to turn the Headphone Cue button on Numark DJ2GO2 into a shift button. Since the deck is so small a shift button would really help add more functionality.

I’m following this video Tutorial: Add SHIFT Layer on a MIDI Controller in Bome MIDI Translator Pro [advanced] - YouTube

But is there anyway to make this work with iPad?

Is there a way to bake this shift functionality into the device?

Or some other way with the iPad? I use Djay Pro.

Best

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

This device has 2 headphone cue buttons. One for the left channel and one for the right. They both send MIDI Data when pressed but not when released so shift should be doable.

What I don’t know is if the button will also carry out some internal function on the controller itself. (Like enabling the headphone jack). If you don’t mind it doing this, then you should be OK.

The attached project file is set up to toggle Left Shift and Right Shift Presets on and off. Since the buttons are toggle, there is no momentary function capability.
I didn’t set up any other translators.

Here is how I set up my aliases.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

DJ2Go-Shift.bmtp (1.6 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Wow thanks so much for the quick reply and sending over a save file :slight_smile:

I would love this so the shift button isn’t a toggle but only apply when held until I let go of the key.

Best

Also the MIDI doesn’t seem to change.

When I click the first Pad on the left, Keyboard Maestro tells me the signal is

When I enable Left Shift, it’s the same:

I was looking to have the shift change the MIDI note so I could for example map ‘Pad 1’ to ‘Mute’ and ‘Pad 1 + Shift’ to ‘Solo’

Best

Hi,

Every other button besides Headphone Monitor buttons are momentary, so you will need to use something else as your shift button. I can’t change the behavior of what your DJ2Go2 sends. Nothing is sent when the button is released, so I can’t to any conversion if nothing is coming in.

My DJ2Go2 sends MIDI Note 27 on MIDI CH 1 for the left side and MIDI Note 27 on MIDI CH 2 for the right side.

MIDI Note 1 on MIDI CH 5 is pad 1 on the right side when it ‘Cues’ mode.

You can change the mode by pressing ‘Pad Mode’

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I noticed you have DJ2Go2 Touch. Mine is not ‘Touch’.

With this, perhaps your mapping is different. If you open up MT Pro and check MIDI IN in the log window and press and release your headphone button, you should be able to tell if it is momentary or toggle.

Press it and it should give one signal and release it you get another. If this happens it is momentary and we can set it up but I need to see the messages.

If it only sends a signal when pressed but not released, or released but not pressed, then it is toggle and we won’t be able to use that for a shift hold operation.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care