Midi to Mouse and Keystroke not working

Hello. I know I’m missing something small but I cannot find it.
IOS 10.14.6. Bome 1.9.0

I’'ve been able to translate MIDI In to Different MIDI out. But I cannot figure out how to translate MIDI in to Keystroke or Mouse output.
Bome is checked in Accessibility/Privacy.
I can see MIDI in triggered in Event Monitor but no Keystroke or Mouse output indicator.
What am I missing? Thanks!

Hi, I’m not quite sure what is wrong. I’m also running on Mojave and have no troubles, although moving your mouse 1000 pixels might be extreme.

Please find the attached project file. I use a MIDI fighter twister with a relative encoder which send 65-127 for positive movement (usually just 66-67) and 63-0 for negative movement (usually just 63-62). I use rules to offset it so that the value is centered around zero so -1 and +1 is typical unless I move the encoder quickly and then I might get -3 and +3.

Midi-to-mouse-movement.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Video

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for your willingness help. I found it.
I didn’t select the correct note after capturing under that window. I thought learning would set that automatically. I knew it was something dumb. :wink:

Yes, I’m glad you figured it out. Capture MIDI will provide a choice of incoming MIDI message that are captured. You have to click on the MIDI message that you want to transfer it to the incoming trigger of the preset. You can then use the input section to modify accordingly.

For instance a knob will but out a value of 0-127 and maybe you click capture on 49. So you would need to set the incoming value after clicking to “any value” and then put it into a variable you us. I usually use oo for MIDI channel, pp for note or cc number and qq for value.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz