Midi Translator/BomeBox and real time midi

Hi,
Following a discution on another forum, I am curious to know the capabilities of my Bome Box versus real time midi.

1. Could they generate clock ?
  2. Are they able to send a list of midi PC and CC on next quarter notes when receiving an external midi clock ? The triggering even could be the recept of a midi CC or PC.
  3. Same question when generating itself the clock

Thank you for clarification.

Hi, First of all, for anything you asked, you would also need to be a licensed user of Bome MIDI Translator Pro as without a project file loaded, the BomeBox is pretty much a MIDI router with network routing capabilities only. No translations.

Yes, but the clock is not really precise since it is controlled at millisecond (not microsecond) intervals for clock generation.

Yes, this is possible.

Again I would not recommend it for precise clock generation.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Thanks @SteveC.

A last question, totally unrelated, sorry.
If I want to move my Midi Translator from one Windows 10 computer to another, which folders should I copy to retrieve exactly the same env on the new one ?

There is a “.bmts” file stored in %APDATA%\Roaming\Bome called
MIDITranslator.bmts. There are also several automated backup copies there if you need them.

You can copy them over to your other PC in the same location or alternatively you can specify the file location in the DOS command line. Look at command line options in the user manual by pressing F1 while in MT Pro.

Note that your MT Pro licenses is for use on a single computer at a given time.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks

I am selling this PC on W10, is there something to do before desinstalling MT Pro in order to remove any license ?

Hi, you need to:

1. Start MT Pro
  2. Remove the license key under the help menu
  3. Use the Goto Windows Apps, MT Pro Uninstal (under Windows settings) and uninstall MT Pro

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like