MIDI Translator Pro background GUI refresh

Hi

I am running MTP version 1.9.0 on a 2019 Macbook Pro i9 / Mac OS 10.15.7.

MTP’s GUI stops refreshing if it is not the foreground application and has been in the background for a short time. The app still seems to function OK (although has had some Applescript delayed runs recently) - and refreshes when to the fore. It seems to be the only app with this issue - out of the running apps.
I have another identical redundant system that doesn’t have this problem (GUI or Applescript).
Any ideas?

Thanks - Gavin.

Hi and welcome back!

This is the first I have heard of this type of problem, although if it works on one Mac but not the other, I suspect there is something more tied to the OS or the screen drivers. Are the display settings set identical on both the working system and non-working system?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

maybe some kind of power saver?

System / graphic settings the same between laptops.
Strange it’s only MTP being affected in background.
Think there is a combination MIDIserver / driver and system prefs issues. I’m on the cusp of a reinstall.

This is just a shot in the dark but are the privacy setting set the same on both systems?

Yep - privacy / system control settings same.
I ended up reinstalling the system as I needed to take these laptops on a job. Working as expected so far - I will report back any other findings.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz