MIDI Translator Pro work well with MRCC – MIDI Router Control Center?

Contemplating purchase of MIDI Translator Pro, and wondering if anyone may be able to share experiences on how well MIDI Translator Pro works with the MRCC – MIDI Router Control Center sold by Conductive Labs?

Was also wondering if the BomeBox is required for using MIDI Translator Pro?

Regards,
JW

Hi and welcome to the Bome Community!

No experience because MRCC is really quite a new device but they claim class compliance so it should work.

It might get confusing if you are both routing MIDI with MT Pro and MRCC. I like the innovation they put into MRCC as a hardware router. I just don’t have that many MIDI DIN devices. I actually voted for them for the MIDI Association innovation award this year as I am quite intrigued by the device.

It would be interesting to see if other users that have the device chime in with their impressions.

As far a BomeBox, you can do simple routing through the the web interface. For other things like channel conversion, CC mapping, and other translations, you need a licensed copy of Bome MIDI Translator Pro. Then you can develop your project on a computer and upload it to BomeBox for execution and no longer need the computer.

You don’t need a BomeBox to use Bome MIDI Translator Pro but you do if you want to run the project file without a computer.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

What a quick and thorough response! Thank you. I am not overly experienced with midi, but thought it’s design and function may not be perfectly suited to work with MIDI Translator Pro.

Regards,
JW

As I said, it should work, it just depends on whether you want to do routing in hardware (MRCC) or software (MT Pro), or if MRCC can handle the MIDI manipulation logic that you need. They should work together just fine if you set things up correctly.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like