Midimix button light on without default template

Hello, i’m trying this software for turn on the light of the akai midimix, i’ve reading all the post about it (and download the .btmp associated) but i can’t rescue to solve the problem. I got 4 Midimix and they send it note and cc from ch 10, i’m trying to configure it (example: incoming 89 01 40 and outgoing 99 01 00) but nothing happen, the led remain off. If i change the note,cc and channel to default setting from the midimix editor and i set incoming 80 01 40 and outgoing 90 01 00 it’s work. I can’t use the default mapping of the midimix because they enter in conflict with the other midi controller. Please how can i solve it?

Thanks, kind regards

Hi, to turn on an LED on the MIDI Mix you need to send 9x pp 7f and for note off 9x pp 00

x=MIDI Channel 1-16 where x=0-F
pp=note number for the LED

I have included a project file that will toggle ga and turn on-off the button you pushed.
I’m using the same global variables for all notes so they toggle the last state of ga only and not the current note number.

I set both input and output to MyMIDIMIX which is set to aliases as follows:

MIDIMIX-Demo.bmtp (1.1 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Ah, I see, it appears the the MIDI MIX LED’s require MIDI CH 1 for feedback irrespective on what MIDI Channel they are sending.

For this make sure that you direct MIDI messages to the MIDI MIX you want based on the incoming MIDI Channel.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Really thanks for your fast response, I’m trying now

Here is an updated DEMO. I’m sending MIDI from a virtual port to the MIDI MIX and have two configured to receive data.

MIDIMIX-Demo-a.bmtp (2.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I’m trying to use incoming from 89 to 90 for the led, but nothing. In the first comfiguration file i set in and out: Midi mix, but the controller doesn’t work in ableton if i set midi in in bome. I’m trying now this new file. Thanks

The project file I sent you should work for both forms of note off.

89 01 xx - With any value will send 99 01 00
99 01 xx - With any value other than 0 should send 99 01 7F
99 01 xx - With value of 0 should send 99 01 00

MIDI MIX LED’s note off message to always be seen as note-on with value 0 and
will not respond to 8x note off messages. This is true for most controllers even if they send 8x pp qq for note-off.

All above values are in hex

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

With this new project file light it’s working without using ableton, but the controller doesn’t work in ableton

I’ve solve it now, really thanks for your help. I just forgot to set the right in and out in the project

The project file I sent you was only for demo purposes for turning on MIDIMIX LED’s and not intended as a full solution for your multiple MIDIMIX devices use with Ableton Live.
I have not translators or thru paths currently set in my project file for communicating with Ableton Live.

I’d probably need to look at your project file and then advise. If you want me to build a complete solution that would be a paid service.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks for your help, i’m thinking about it :slight_smile:

You are in right, after i try it i see that only one midimix can work and the other one are disable. Where i can contact you? Thanks

Send me email below or private message via this forum.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

By the way, you should be able to use default mapping on all 4 of your MIDI MIX controllers and then use MT Pro to change the outgoing channel of each controller to your DAW. Then you could use MT Pro to send back to the same channel it receives (modified MIDI Channel) and direct these messages back to the correct MIDIMIX controller based on the incoming channel.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Really thanks for your explanation, i’m trying it

I’m solving it!! Thanks a lot. You have really one of the best customer service i see

Hi there,

I came across this post whilst searching for a solution to the same problem. I’ve assigned my MIDI Mix to mute switches in an Ableton Effects Rack, but the lights do not correspond with the on/off state of the buttons. I have tried using the MIDI Mix Editor and various settings in Ableton’s control surface setup to no avail.

I just downloaded BMT Trial and tried running your second Demo project. It works, sometimes, I’ve had intermittent response from the buttons lighting up and switching off to correspond to the state of the mute switches. I’m unsure why this is. Do I need to replace the hexadecimal numbers specifically in the demo project? Which Ins and Outs need to be set? I’ve chosen MIDI Mix and My MIDI Mix (your demo ports?) and am not clear which is correct.

Since I do not yet own the software, I am uncertain whether BMT is the solution to my problem. It seems to have some effect, but I wonder does it need to be running in the background to translate at all times? Would this cause issues in live performance with Ableton? I read somewhere that a SysEx message is all that was needed to set the MIDI Mix straight, but have been unable to work that out.

Please let me know what I’m missing. I believe my setup is far less complex than Amel, I only have one MIDI Mix connected. Thanks for your help!

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Please share your project file, and your MIDIMIX settings file.

Show how you have MIDI configuration setup in Ableton Live and also any specific MIDI learn mappings you have. In general, Ableton would automatically configure the MIDI MIX based on factory settings and use a MIDI Remote Control Script for control, so it is possible that this is what is happening and the Ableton Live is bypassing the configuration you are attempting. Usually, you can overcome this be turning off the MIDI remote script, disabling the MIDIMIX input and output port in Ableton Live and then instead use Bome Virtual Ports (the same one used as in your project file).

So Ableton may have automatically set it up like this.

MIDIMIX → Ableton Remote MIDI Script
Ableton Remote MIDI Script - >MIDIMIX

Where with customization you want:

MIDIMIX → Bome MIDI Translator → BMT 1 → Ableton with custom mappings
Ableton with Customer mappings → BMT 1 → Bome MIDI Translator → MIDIMIX

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care