Mouse Capture doesn't suppress mouse function

In this video you can see that after activating the mouse capture, the mouse functions are still active.

Correct, Bome MIDI Translator Pro can convert mouse actions to MIDI but it does not suppress either the original incoming mouse actions or keystrokes. I can either use AutoHotkey to do that (but have to write a script to convert to MIDI). I can use MIDIBuddy (which I wrote for Windows Platform), or for keystrokes only, I can connect my qwerty keyboard to BomeBox and use it to convert incoming keystrokes to MIDI messages and since the keyboard is not connected to a computer, they are suppressed.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

What I actually mean, sorry if it wasn’t clear, is that usually I can capture the mouse position on the Bome MT user interface without the mouse selecting the thing that I click on. So I hit the ‘Capture’ then move the mouse to the position in which I want the mouse to go to with that particular Translator.
But for some reason the behaviour has changed. Now after hitting th ‘Capture’ and clicknig on the screen, the mouse is still behaving like a mouse i.e. selecting stuff. And the Capture isn’t capturing the position which I click. In the video you can see that when I click the value jumps to a different value to the X- Y that I click on.

Hi,
How many monitors do you have? Which monitor are you using for capture? Are you on the right monitor when hitting capture. I will do some additional testing with both monitors that I have on my Windows PC.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

It works fine on my Windows PC no matter which of the two monitors I use.

1. Click capture in outgoing action
  2. Click on the desired mouse position

Now when the incoming message triggers, the mouse will click at the captured mouse location

I didn’t have to tell it which monitor I was on. I’m using version 1.8.4 build 962

If you have any mouse macro system running or AutoHotKey, this might effect the behavior.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

It seems better today. Maybe it was the project I was in. I’ll update you if I run in to this issue again.
I’m using 1 monitor and version 1.8.4 build 962

Hmm Ok