Move mouse with MIDI keyboard using Bome MIDI Translator Pro

Hi Steve!

I am trying to use Bome MIDI Translator to control the mouse pointer. What I want to use it for, I can’t use CC.
Is it possible to configure the program so that when a MIDI instrument key is pressed, the cursor moves in the desired direction?

I have managed to do it with the MIDI keys but the cursor jumps from one location to another, without going through the intermediate points.

If you wish, I can pass you a screenshot or even make a video.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

So do you want two keys to move mouse up and down and another two keys to move mouse left and right? Or is your idea to press a key and have the mouse glide from it’s current position to a new position?

For the first scenario, it is quite simple, however for second scenario it may not be as Bome MIDI Translator Pro is not aware of the current mouse position (without a helper application).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Thanks Steve for such a quick response!

Mi idea is the second scenario: I press a key and the nouses glide from it’s current position to a new position. I would have to configure four translators, one for each direction. When I press the button the pointer moves and stops moving when I lift the button.

Thank you very much for creating such a good program!

OK, like I said, the mouse position if you move it on your computer will not be known by MT Pro, however if you control the mouse always with MT Pro, the below example should give you an idea.

If you are on Windows platform, I have a helper program called MIDIBuddy that can communicate via MIDI to MT Pro to update the mouse position if you move the mouse by other means.

Note-to-Mouse-movement.bmtp (4.1 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you so much Steve!

I’ll give a try and send you feedback! :slight_smile: