Moving mouse up down with click hold

Salam,
Can someone help with that, i tring to control a knob in vst with mouse up n down but it has to be holding its left click with a single knob in my controller. Thanks

Hi,
I created the following project file that might help you. I also did a video (no talking and no editing) that is rendering and I will provide a link to shortly.

In this project we use CC0 absolute to control the gain knob of BIAS FX2.

The first translator clicks at the BIAS FX2 knob location on my computer. You will need to modify the location on your ocmputer depending on where the knob is. It sets the value of ga to 1 and will not execute again until the click up timer releases (discussed later).

The second translator drags the mouse, but only if ga=1 (the click down is executed). We adjust the position based on the last known position of the mouse (either positive or negative). I set up a multiplier to adjust mouse sensitivity. It this case I’m using an absolute controller but it is really better if you use a relative controller (and adjust the rules accordingly) so you don’t run into end points. I use the value of gb of the last known mouse position and set it as the last step in rules. We set an output delay so that it happens after the click down.

The next translator sets a 250ms timer to handled mouse click up if no movement in 250ms. We only set this timer if we are in a click down state (ga=1)

Finally the when the timer fires, we set ga back to 0 and send a click up so the process can repeaat again.

Stay tuned for the raw video link. It may be hard to follow as it includes the troubleshooting I did but
it also shows that it works. It will contain a watermark since I’m using the free version of the software that compiled the video.

mouse to knob drag-2020-12-24.bmtp (3.1 KB)

Here is a link to the video (no sound). It is about 23 minutes long and includes total creation and troubleshooting that I did.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Subhanallaah… i spent almost all my night time for about 8 hours to achieve what uve posted here. Alhamdulillah… i just adjust it with my cobdition here, and its exactly what i eant 2 achieve … im glad to bought ur product steve… thankyou very much… dont be bored on me Ok? lol.

Hi @topsudio1979 ,

I’m glad you got it to work the way you wanted. Thanks for the purchase!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Hello:
Very close to my needs.
Instead a Knob, i use a finite fader.
Need to move fader up and down by mouse outgoing and record mouse last position for the CC i use, because i trig other stuff and when i need fader up again, i need last position.
It’s possible?
Thank you

The tricky part is locating the last position of the fader on the screen. MT Pro alone cannot do that unless you hard code absolute positions. Calculating positions based on mouse movement is not very reliable. If you are on Windows, however, we could use MIDIBuddy which reads mouse positions and can send MIDI to MT Pro to communicate where the mouse is.

It is much easier with onscreen knobs that have a fixed staring position. You start at the location of the knob every time and move up/down or left/right to change the position but the knob itself remains stationary for the next movement.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care