MTP hangs at launch on macOS

correct. Though I think that it would be good idea to (also) save it in the project file.

To be honest, I would say that the flood of incoming messages at load time showed a design flaw. The engine shouldn’t try to process incoming MIDI messages while it is still loading the project file.

1 Like

Florian/Steve,

Any news on when this fix will be released as an actual update? My Beta copy expired yesterday and I had a brief panic attack when I was no longer able to use MTP to control my MIDI studio.

Luckily, I found you had recently posted a different Beta to the same link you provided me earlier and installing that version allowed me to extend the beta period.

However, I think having a valid release would be better than going through this experience again and relying on Beta software that could possibly break other things.

Cheers.

Karl, I fully agree! we’re in the process of finalizing/validating the next version of MT Pro and release it when done.

1 Like

HELP!!!

Florian/Steve,

It’s been about a month and a half and, just like I feared in my last post, my beta expired and I am no longer able to control my MIDI studio. Could you PLEASE release something (anything), so I can use my gear again?

Hi Karl, sorry! new beta will come asap. meanwhile, you can start your beta by temporarily backdating the computer’s clock, start MT Pro. Once started, you can change the clock back.

1 Like

Hi Karl, a new beta version is available from the same download location as your previous one. Sorry again.

Here we are a few hours away from May and still no release. My betas keep expiring and it has become tiresome to have to change my system clock every time I restart my computer. Again, Can you please release an interim build?

Hi @karlfranz ,

I realize it can be someone frustrating. In the meantime, instead of setting your clock back, you can always go to the original download location Florian provided to get the latest beta. I’m sure he doesn’t want to release the new production version until he is satisfied that it is stable enough for general consumption.

As a support person, I am always running both the production and Beta versions so I understand that periodically updating Beta versions can be someone of an inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Here we are in June (a full 8 months since we first talked about this issue) and my Beta copy of MTP has expired once again. Have you guys stopped supporting this product? You’ve had a fix for more than half a year and yet, I’m still dealing with having to use a beta copy and resetting my system clock every time I reboot my computer.

Guys, PLEASE fix this. I’ve been patient, but this is getting beyond absurd at this point.

Hi Karl,
a new beta version is already available from the same download location as your previous one. This is a service to our customers.

We release new versions when they’re ready.

Hi Florian,

Respectfully, I disagree. Rather than requiring monthly downloads of time-bombed betas, a service to your customers would be to provide a maintenance release after a fix was found rather than making them wait until whenever a new feature release was available.

Remember, I did not volunteer to be a beta tester for your software. Every time I have to download a new beta, I wonder if it might include other changes or features you may be in the process of developing which could potentially break existing functionality. It’s not like I have access to a change-log which identifies what has been modified since the previous version.

Cheers.

Reminder. It’s now August and still waiting for a non-beta release. Thank you.

Hi, we’ve just released version 1.9.1 which should fix this issue: